What You Need to Know About Your Brake Warning Light
As the most important safety feature of your vehicle, your braking systems needs to be working at 100% capacity. Always watch for any changes to your brakes such as squealing or grinding noises, wobbly steering when braking, andyour brakes taking longer to respond.
safety feature of your car. To protect you, your family and other drivers on the road you need to get your brakes checked and serviced regularly.
It is really important to pay attention to your dashboard, and notice when any of the dash lights come on. This includes your brake warning light.
The brake warning light can come on when:
- You need brake repairs
- Your brake light is not working
- There is an ABS sensor malfunction
- Your brake pads are worn
- Your brake fluid is low
- Your parking sensor is not functioning correctly
Most modern vehicles have an anti-lock braking system (ABS). This safety feature allows your vehicle’s wheels to maintain traction on the road in line with driver input while braking. It prevents the wells locking up, and will help you to avoid uncontrolled skidding. As brake specialists we check the ABS control module if your brake warning light comes on.
If your brake light comes on, contact your brake specialist straight away. Checks that we will do include:
The brake pads are also made from different compounds in order to suit different driving needs - and different makes and models of vehicles.Signs that Your Brakes Need Changing
Generally, brakes need changing every 80,000 kilometres. At Brake Mobile we can let you know when your brakes need replacing or adjusting. The following are signs that you need brake repairs:
- • Checking the brake fluid level. If the brake fluid is low, more fluid will need to be added to reach the brake disks. We also check for leaks. If you see a large puddle of fluid under your car do not drive the vehicle. Contact our mobile brake repairs team and we will repair your system on site. Driving the vehicle in this condition is dangerous and can further damage your car.
- • Checking the brake pads to ensure that they are not in need of replacement.
- • We will check your brake lights. This may be a faulty globe.
Organise to have your brake systems checked as soon as the warning light comes on. For a free quotation on all your mobile brake repairs Contact us at Brake Mobile. We look after all safety aspects of your car and service Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and surrounding areas.